Australian Botanical prints by artist Maurice Hayler, designed to endure.
Each print carries the artist’s signature and is stamp-embossed for authentication.
Our art is printed with care on Hahnemühle fine art archival paper with archival Epson UltraChrome pigment inks, good for at least 75 years. View all print and mat sizes here.
Please Note: that all orders typically leave within one to two business days.
We can (and do) process urgent and express orders on request.
- Bottlebrush (Callistemon)
- Grevillea 'Poorinda Royal Mantle'
- Grevillea 'Poorinda Blondie'
- Rosemary Grevillea (Grevillea rosmarinifolia)
- Native Fuchsia (Epacris longiflora)
- Mountain Devil (Lambertia formosa)
- Grevillea 'Moonlight'
- Red Ironbark (Eucalyptus sideroxylon 'Rosea')
- Pandorea jasminoides
- Kangaroo Paw (Anigozanthos 'Yellow Gem')
- Grevillea 'Superb'
- Cape Leeuwin Creeper (Kennedia lateritia)
- Heath Banksia (Banksia ericifolia)
- Grevillea 'Robyn Gordon'
- Ashby's Banksia (Banksia ashbyi)
- Firewheel Tree (Stenocarpus sinuatus)
- Sturt's Desert Pea (Swainsona formosa)
- Eucalyptus caesia
- Eucalyptus erythrocorys
- Fringe Lily (Thysanotus tuberosus)
- Eucalyptus leucoxylon subsp. megalocarpa 'Rosea'
- Red Kangaroo Paw (Anigozanthos rufus)
- Black Coral Pea (Kennedia nigricans)
- Grevillea 'Bulli Princess'
- Grevillea 'Poorinda Royal Mantle' 2
- Coast Banksia Flower (Banksia integrifolia)
- Spent Coast Banksia Flower (Banksia integrifolia)
- Coast Banksia Seed Cone and Leaf (Banksia integrifolia)
- Hardenbergia violacea
- Day Iris (Patersonia fragilis)
- Waratah (Telopea speciosissima)
- Black Bean (Castanospermum australe)
- Hairpin Banksia (Banksia spinulosa)
- Corymbia ficifolia
- Eucalyptus leucoxylon subsp. petiolaris
- Banksia Flower Collection 2 Diptych
- Banksia Flower Collection 3 Diptych
- Banksia Flower Collection 4 Diptych
- Eucalyptus 'Rosea' Cultivars Diptych
- Eucalyptus leucoxylon subspecies Diptych
- Grevillea 'Poorinda Royal Mantle' Diptych
- Grevillea Collection 1 Diptych
- Grevillea Collection 2 Diptych
- Kangaroo Paw (Anigozanthos) Diptych
- Kennedia species Diptych
- Two Coral Peas Diptych
- Triptychs +-
- Australian State Flowers +-
Botanical Information:Family: Iridaceae
Meaning of name:
Patersonia, after William Paterson (1755–1810), a Scottish horticulturalist who collected botanical, geological and insect specimens for Joseph Banks while stationed on Norfolk Island
fragilis is from Latin: fragilis, fragile, brittle. A reference to the flower
Patersonia fragilis is native to southeastern Australia, from southern Queensland to South Australia and in Tasmania. Common names are Day Iris and Short Purple-flag.
The flowers are deep purple and appear from spring to mid summer. While individual flowers are open for less than a day, many are produced from the one stem. All plants in the same area will flower at once and make an impressive display.
The plant prefers moist heathland and open woodland, and is regarded as an attractive plant for rockeries, water features, and bog gardens.
Please note that frames are not included.
More detailed information about all print and mat sizes shown below is here.