Australian Botanical prints by artist Maurice Hayler, designed to endure.
Each print carries the artist’s signature and is stamp-embossed for authentication.
Our art is printed with care on Hahnemühle fine art archival paper with archival Epson UltraChrome pigment inks, good for at least 75 years. View all print and mat sizes here.
IMPORTANT and Please Note: that all orders received Tuesdays to Sundays are dispatched the following Monday. Every effort will be made to fulfill orders received on Mondays that same day, otherwise they will be dispatched next day Tuesday if we can’t make Monday in time.
We can process urgent and express orders on request.
- Bottlebrush (Callistemon)
- Grevillea 'Poorinda Royal Mantle'
- Grevillea 'Poorinda Blondie'
- Rosemary Grevillea (Grevillea rosmarinifolia)
- Native Fuchsia (Epacris longiflora)
- Mountain Devil (Lambertia formosa)
- Grevillea 'Moonlight'
- Red Ironbark (Eucalyptus sideroxylon 'Rosea')
- Pandorea jasminoides
- Kangaroo Paw (Anigozanthos 'Yellow Gem')
- Grevillea 'Superb'
- Cape Leeuwin Creeper (Kennedia lateritia)
- Heath Banksia (Banksia ericifolia)
- Grevillea 'Robyn Gordon'
- Ashby's Banksia (Banksia ashbyi)
- Firewheel Tree (Stenocarpus sinuatus)
- Sturt's Desert Pea (Swainsona formosa)
- Eucalyptus caesia
- Eucalyptus erythrocorys
- Fringe Lily (Thysanotus tuberosus)
- Eucalyptus leucoxylon subsp. megalocarpa 'Rosea'
- Red Kangaroo Paw (Anigozanthos rufus)
- Black Coral Pea (Kennedia nigricans)
- Grevillea 'Bulli Princess'
- Grevillea 'Poorinda Royal Mantle' 2
- Coast Banksia Flower (Banksia integrifolia)
- Spent Coast Banksia Flower (Banksia integrifolia)
- Coast Banksia Seed Cone and Leaf (Banksia integrifolia)
- Hardenbergia violacea
- Day Iris (Patersonia fragilis)
- Waratah (Telopea speciosissima)
- Black Bean (Castanospermum australe)
- Hairpin Banksia (Banksia spinulosa)
- Corymbia ficifolia
- Eucalyptus leucoxylon subsp. petiolaris
- Banksia Flower Collection 2 Diptych
- Banksia Flower Collection 3 Diptych
- Banksia Flower Collection 4 Diptych
- Eucalyptus 'Rosea' Cultivars Diptych
- Eucalyptus leucoxylon subspecies Diptych
- Grevillea 'Poorinda Royal Mantle' Diptych
- Grevillea Collection 1 Diptych
- Grevillea Collection 2 Diptych
- Kangaroo Paw (Anigozanthos) Diptych
- Kennedia species Diptych
- Two Coral Peas Diptych
- Triptychs +-
- Australian State Flowers +-
Botanical Information:Family: Proteaceae
Meaning of name:
Banksia, after Sir Joseph Banks (1743–1820), an English naturalist and botanist who accompanied (then) Lieutenant James Cook on the Endeavour in 1768–1771, and who did much to bring Australian botany to the European world
integrifolia is from Latin: integer, entire + folium, leaf. A reference to the leaf margins (edges) being entire (smooth)
As its name suggests, the Coast Banksia is distributed along the eastern coast of Australia, from Queensland into New South Wales and Victoria. It is very hardy and readily tolerates wind and salt spray. Banksia integrifolia can range from 5m (16 ft) to 15m or even 25m (49 ft to 82 ft) in height, with a spread of about 3m (10 ft).
There are three subspecies:
- Banksia integrifolia subsp. integrifolia, found from southern Queensland down into Victoria
- Banksia integrifolia subsp. compar, found in northern Queensland
- Banksia integrifolia subsp. monticola, found in the mountain ranges of central and northern New South Wales
The nectar is an invaluable source of food for many nectar-feeding birds and mammals, especially in autumn when the flowers are at their peak, as few other plants flower during this time. The nectar also made useful bush food for people — Australian Aborigines would obtain nectar by stroking the flowers and licking their hands, while early European settlers used the nectar for sore throats and colds.
Though honey made from the nectar is medium quality and of low commercial value, beekeepers prize Banksia integrifolia as it flowers over autumn and winter when little else is flowering, and thus helps keep their hives going during this time.
This print features in the Life of a Banksia Flower triptych collection.
Please note that frames are not included.
More detailed information about all print and mat sizes shown below is here.